Used to protect Fine Art in long-term storage and shipping, Tyvek is the artwork packaging, used by artists, art galleries and museums all over the world. Tyvek combines the best physical properties of paper, film, and fabric, to offer unique advantages for a wide variety of demanding packaging applications.
- Tyvek has its own natural lubricity and does not contain abrasive filers. This means it will consistently protect sensitive surfaces from any abrasion or rubbing and will not stick like bubble wrap can.
- With its micro perforations this breathable product prevents condensation and removes the possibility of mould forming.
- Made of 100% high density polyethylene fibres
- Resistance to the risk of perforation or tearing, giving real protection against dust.
- 100% recyclable
- pH neutral and antistat free, meaning it will not ‘off gas’ in storage and damage the artwork.
- Tyvek is superior to Glassine and Polyethylene sheeting for wrapping of paintings.
- Tyvek is also water resistant, chemical treatment-free, temperature stable, economical and reusable.
- 2 Dimensions artworks: For artworks on canvas, where the art is in direct contact with the packaging, or for oils that are still quite fresh/wet, the very smooth surface of Tyvek is ideal. Tyvek will not stick to orleave marks or impressions on the artwork and will allow the artwork to breath – so no condensation builds up. This is particularly important with sea freight and i humid climates.
- 3 Dimensions artworks For sculptures this “non-woven” material is preferable for covering foam bracing blocks and cavity linings when packing three-dimensional objects.
Tyvek is suggested for use with all fine art, rare objects and precious metals.
Supply: Tyvek per large roll or Tyvek cut to artwork size
- Per roll: Tyvek is sold in 1.5 metre wide x 100 metre long rolls for $625 + GST per roll (delivery anywhere in Australia and cost will depend on address)
- Cut to size: $4.65 + GST per square metre, cut to 1.5 metres wide. Tyvek can be supplied with your crate order to any length, for each individual artwork or other. You only use what you need for each artwork, have less wastage and less risk of the Tyvek being forgotten to be taken out to the pack site.
If Tyvek is ordered on its own, the minimum order quantity is 10 lineal metres. Reduced delivery cost if the Tyvek can be folded and posted. Alternatively, it can be rolled onto a tube and sent via courier.
Contact us if you have any questions or to order Tyvek for artworks needing protection in relocation or storage.